On this day the Lord has made . . .

As I was driving home from the grocery store I heard a man on the radio ask what we were leaving our children/grandchildren. He mentioned how he would choose, over any amount of money, the writings from his grandfather . . . if he had left any.

So, I have determined to create a diary/journal of what happened to me on this day(s) the Lord has granted me.







Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I had to either grow up and be who I say I am, or I had to disavow all that I want to be, and stay who I really was. I don't want to be who I really am!

I feel like I've been through the wringer - literally.

Last Thursday I wrote about the trial I was under concerning a co-worker. You see, it's all light when I'm driving down the road listening to the preacher on the radio. It's all easy. Sure, I can do that. I can go to work with a smile on my face and take whatever they throw at me. I can do everything for the glory of God. Wait, you want me to help her? I don't like her. She hurt me and I am still not over it. I refuse to help her. I had that dark cloud over my head like they do in the cartoons and it was in my heart too - black black black. I lost sleep over it and it kept popping up - my anger and hatred towards this woman. Where did my Christianity go? My love of God? My entire being got overshadowed by my hate for basically a stranger. I even had counseling from friends at work. I tried not to tell anyone because I didn't want to be spreading gossip and possibly slander about another person but argh I hate her! This was eating me alive. I had moments of clarity but then it would creep back in. That's a lie - it would jump on me with both feet.

Then she came down and spoke to me. She looked frazzled. She was hanging on by a thread and it was evident. While I'm overworked, and have put in lots of overtime, she looked like she's done double time. She was close to breaking and I could see it. My heart started to melt. Oh I fought it. I didn't want to feel anything for her but it crept in anyways and you know what? I liked it so much better than that blackness.

About a half an hour after she left my desk I sent her an email and I told her that I would help her in anyway that I could. (I even meant it.) I felt so much lighter. I felt happy. I'm serious. After all this time and all this darkness and turmoil I was okay. Not because she was suffering but because I felt something other than yuckiness. I knew how she felt, and I knew she needed help, and I'm glad I can help her.

And then, do you know what happened? Later in the afternoon she came by my desk and thanked me and told me she had it under control. She understood more about what needed to be done and she was okay. She had it under control and she thanked me.

All of that for nothing - NOOOO. I learned something huge from all of this.

I'm still so far away from being where I want to be. I am so full of sin and yuck. I have so much to learn.

God was in this mess by the way. You see she works with two engineers from the bible study group. They know what we talk about - forgiveness and love. They know how a christian is supposed to be - how we are supposed to strive to be apart of the body of Christ. I couldn't get away with throwing my normal smart remarks around because they would know that a Christian shouldn't act that way. I was trapped. I had to either grow up and be who I say I am, or I had to disavow all that I want to be, and stay who I really was. I don't want to be who I really am.

I want God. I want to stand in front of the throne with Jesus beside me saying that He knows me and that I am His. I want the Holy Spirit to dwell within me and let me know when I'm straying and to let me know when I am doing something right. You wouldn't believe the feeling.

After Angie walked away and I realized what had just happened, you see all this time I thought I was a failure. I was a failure, but I didn't give up, and neither did God. The Holy Spirit stayed with me through this trial. He was definitely letting me know that I was messing up, but when it was over, He definitely let me know that the trial had passed.

Trust God. Let go and trust Him!

Last night I found that saying from the old southern preacher and today Charlotte sent me basically the same saying:  "Dear Lord, we ain't what we ought to be, and we ain't what we want to be, but thanks to Thee, we ain't what we were." 


There is hope!

No comments:

Prayer List

  • Thank you Father thank you.
  • Lord, extend the kingdom of your Son.
  • O Merciful God, who hast made all men, and hatest nothing that thou hast made, nor desirest the death of a sinner, but rather that he should be converted and live; Have mercy upon all who know thee not as thou are revealed in the Gospel of thy Son. Take from them all ignorance, hardness of heart, and contempt of thy Word; and so fetch them home, blessed Lord to thy fold, that they may be one flock under one shepherd, Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
  • God please take the blinders from my children's heart and eyes. Please give them the gift of faith. Lord God, faith in you is so comforting and brings so much joy. Thank you!
  • God please bless Michael, Lindsay, and their families with faith, wisdom, and compassion. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • God thank you for the gift of my co-workers who have shown me that it is good to show that I am a Christian. It is more than okay, it is imperative that my faith shows, so that others can come to know you. Please make me into a shining light for you. Give me the words, and your wisdom, and please don't let me cause anyone to stumble.
  • God please be with my family/friends as they go through this time in their lives. Please give them strength and courage and wisdom and faith Lord.
  • God please guide the leaders of the world.
  • God please heal my children.
  • Please heal those that have asked for prayer.

Reading List

  • One Thousand Gifts ~ Ann Voskamp

woman

woman