On this day the Lord has made . . .

As I was driving home from the grocery store I heard a man on the radio ask what we were leaving our children/grandchildren. He mentioned how he would choose, over any amount of money, the writings from his grandfather . . . if he had left any.

So, I have determined to create a diary/journal of what happened to me on this day(s) the Lord has granted me.







Thursday, October 27, 2011

seeing through a glass darkly

One of the miracles Jesus performed was healing a blind man. Dr. McGee says that this has a lesson for us. Just like the blind man went from seeing through a glass darkly to seeing clearly.


Jesus Heals a Blind Man at Bethsaida

22 And they came to Bethsaida. And some people brought to him a blind man and begged him to touch him.23 And he took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village, and when he had spit on his eyes and laid his hands on him, he asked him, "Do you see anything?"24 And he looked up and said, "I see men, but they look like trees, walking."25 Then Jesust laid his hands on his eyes again; and he opened his eyes, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.

We get our 20/20 spiritual vision when we meet our Savior. Until then we are like the blind man seeing through the thick glass darkly.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/thru-the-bible-with-j-vernon-mcgee/listen/

Today is Thursday, October 27, 2011 and he was speaking on Mark 8.

Dr. McGee also spoke about the miracle of feeding the people. I have always wondered about those two parables. Jesus asks why they don't understand. I don't understand! Here's the verses:


The Leaven of the Pharisees and Herod

14 Now they had forgotten to bring bread, and they had only one loaf with them in the boat.15 And he cautioned them, saying,"Watch out; beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod."t 16 And they began discussing with one another the fact that they had no bread.17 And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why are you discussing the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive or understand? Are your hearts hardened?18 Having eyes do you not see, and having ears do you not hear? And do you not remember?19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of broken pieces did you take up?" They said to him, "Twelve."20 "And the seven for the four thousand, how many baskets full of broken pieces did you take up?" And they said to him, "Seven."21 And he said to them, "Do you not yet understand?"
He asks plainly, "Do you not yet understand?" Which has always made me look closer at what he was saying and I have focused on the numbers. I still didn't understand. I just now read it again after hearing Dr. McGee speak and instead of focusing on the numbers I think I should have been focusing on the fact that he fed everyone easily with plenty left over. But I still don't completely understand. 

Talk about seeing through the thick glass! I can begin to see, kinda like the blind man seeing trees walking about like men. 

After Dr. McGee goes off the radio another man comes on. I was lost in the typing of this blog until just this second. Guess what he was saying, the man on the radio? He was saying that Jesus is very interested in seeing that his creation is taken care of. Jesus says seek first the kingdom of God and the rest will be taken care of. 

That definitely ties in with the feeding of the crowds! 

Some days!!!! Here I was asking, wondering, trying to discover and my prayer was answered. God is good! I love that feeling when prayer is answered. My heart dances, my face breaks into a smile and tears come - happy tears (not a lot of them, just a single one popping out all by itself - dancing! -- unless it is a big answer like Kyler or Wyatt or . . . too many to list!!!!!!) 

How can someone not believe when He is so clear? 

No comments:

Prayer List

  • Thank you Father thank you.
  • Lord, extend the kingdom of your Son.
  • O Merciful God, who hast made all men, and hatest nothing that thou hast made, nor desirest the death of a sinner, but rather that he should be converted and live; Have mercy upon all who know thee not as thou are revealed in the Gospel of thy Son. Take from them all ignorance, hardness of heart, and contempt of thy Word; and so fetch them home, blessed Lord to thy fold, that they may be one flock under one shepherd, Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
  • God please take the blinders from my children's heart and eyes. Please give them the gift of faith. Lord God, faith in you is so comforting and brings so much joy. Thank you!
  • God please bless Michael, Lindsay, and their families with faith, wisdom, and compassion. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • God thank you for the gift of my co-workers who have shown me that it is good to show that I am a Christian. It is more than okay, it is imperative that my faith shows, so that others can come to know you. Please make me into a shining light for you. Give me the words, and your wisdom, and please don't let me cause anyone to stumble.
  • God please be with my family/friends as they go through this time in their lives. Please give them strength and courage and wisdom and faith Lord.
  • God please guide the leaders of the world.
  • God please heal my children.
  • Please heal those that have asked for prayer.

Reading List

  • One Thousand Gifts ~ Ann Voskamp

woman

woman