On this day the Lord has made . . .

As I was driving home from the grocery store I heard a man on the radio ask what we were leaving our children/grandchildren. He mentioned how he would choose, over any amount of money, the writings from his grandfather . . . if he had left any.

So, I have determined to create a diary/journal of what happened to me on this day(s) the Lord has granted me.







Saturday, October 8, 2011

lucky

I am lucky in this life. The people that I have known/know. I was just thinking about 'in-laws'. I had the best mother-in-law, for many reasons, but right now I mention her because she showed me how to be a mother-in-law.








Which brings me to my daughter-in-law. She has been the biggest blessing in this world. She could have been one of those daughter-in-laws who limits contact with her children, or turns her husband away from his family, but she didn't. She does the complete opposite. She brings us all together.

Now even she will admit that she can be challenging because she is living with a disease that causes a whole lot of distress in her life but, she takes control of that, just like you and I try to control the diseases that we struggle with - high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.

One of the things I admire the most about her is how she handles that part of her, but the other thing I admire is how she is a woman of her word. Not the words spoken in anger, luckily, she is quick to let that anger fall away and then resume her life. I'm talking about the big words. Specifically, her marriage vows.

All who know her, and my son, know that they went through a HUGE rough patch. My son did the most horrible thing he could to their marriage. He had an affair with her best friend. 99.9% of the women on this earth would not have been able to do what she did. She eventually forgave him and they are working towards mending their marriage.

She took her vow seriously. I know she feels moments/days of doubt. My son isn't the easiest person to live with, and add that fact to the fact of his betrayal, and it takes a person of great heart to stand there and say, "I choose us."

I admire her strength, her love and her ability to forgive. She gave us all - my son and my grandchildren a great gift when she stood up and stayed true to her vow.

Another thing that I like is that she asks for advice. She doesn't always take it, but she asks, she listens and she considers . . . a parent couldn't ask more than that from their adult children.

My daughter-in-law is loving, forgiving, thoughtful and caring. She can be a mighty handful but above all she is true to her family. She stands firm for her husband and she loves with all she is.

No comments:

Prayer List

  • Thank you Father thank you.
  • Lord, extend the kingdom of your Son.
  • O Merciful God, who hast made all men, and hatest nothing that thou hast made, nor desirest the death of a sinner, but rather that he should be converted and live; Have mercy upon all who know thee not as thou are revealed in the Gospel of thy Son. Take from them all ignorance, hardness of heart, and contempt of thy Word; and so fetch them home, blessed Lord to thy fold, that they may be one flock under one shepherd, Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
  • God please take the blinders from my children's heart and eyes. Please give them the gift of faith. Lord God, faith in you is so comforting and brings so much joy. Thank you!
  • God please bless Michael, Lindsay, and their families with faith, wisdom, and compassion. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • God thank you for the gift of my co-workers who have shown me that it is good to show that I am a Christian. It is more than okay, it is imperative that my faith shows, so that others can come to know you. Please make me into a shining light for you. Give me the words, and your wisdom, and please don't let me cause anyone to stumble.
  • God please be with my family/friends as they go through this time in their lives. Please give them strength and courage and wisdom and faith Lord.
  • God please guide the leaders of the world.
  • God please heal my children.
  • Please heal those that have asked for prayer.

Reading List

  • One Thousand Gifts ~ Ann Voskamp

woman

woman