On this day the Lord has made . . .

As I was driving home from the grocery store I heard a man on the radio ask what we were leaving our children/grandchildren. He mentioned how he would choose, over any amount of money, the writings from his grandfather . . . if he had left any.

So, I have determined to create a diary/journal of what happened to me on this day(s) the Lord has granted me.







Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Position by Gideon Chukwuemeka Ogbonna

 I just came across this post on Facebook YouVersion's Bible Reading group.  I did not write this but I want to remember this! 

"Exodus 2:1-8

One significant account of Moses's life was what his sister did for him as an infant. When he was placed at the Nile river, she hid herself and observed what would happen to him. Pharaoh's daughter came, picked him, named him, and wanted a nurse to feed him. Then Miriam came and told her she knew the perfect nurse: Moses's mother.

What Miriam did gives us a guide on how to tap into opportunities.

1. Position: Miriam was by the river — waiting, watching what would happen. If she had gone home, she might have missed the opportunity to interact with the princess.

You may have the talent and knowhow to do a thing, but you need to position yourself. Some people question why they aren't successful despite having skill and knowledge. But the real question they should ask is: Have I positioned myself to see opportunities?

One sure way to position yourself for success is by building the right network. You can't get access to some information if you hang around certain people. There are people who have access to places that need your skill or talent, but since you aren't around them, the opportunity eludes you.

2. Predict: Miriam predicted that the princess would need a nurse, so she stationed herself to solve the princess's problem. 

Those who will win in life are those who can predict problems and solve them. Everything of value in the world is a solution to a problem. But you don't have to wait for the problem to manifest before coming up with a solution. 

This was the same thing Joseph did. He predicted the famine and came up with a solution seven years before the famine's onset. 

Observe your environment. Study the direction the world is going. Think of possible problems and start thinking of solutions. 

3. Prepare: Miriam was ready with the solution. Immediately the princess asked, she came up with the answer. She didn't say, "Princess, I don't know who can nurse the baby, but let me go search."

Will you be prepared when opportunities come knocking? Now that the opportunities haven't come, are you getting prepared? Are you improving yourself? Yes, you've positioned yourself, you have predicted the problem, but are you preparing the solution? Are you preparing yourself to give out the solution?

I don't think there is any moment in life that is a waste. Times of delay aren't meant to be wasted—they are meant to be harnessed for growth."

Gideon Chukwuemeka Ogbonna





I just found another post by this man and I have to share it too. 








No comments:

Prayer List

  • Thank you Father thank you.
  • Lord, extend the kingdom of your Son.
  • O Merciful God, who hast made all men, and hatest nothing that thou hast made, nor desirest the death of a sinner, but rather that he should be converted and live; Have mercy upon all who know thee not as thou are revealed in the Gospel of thy Son. Take from them all ignorance, hardness of heart, and contempt of thy Word; and so fetch them home, blessed Lord to thy fold, that they may be one flock under one shepherd, Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
  • God please take the blinders from my children's heart and eyes. Please give them the gift of faith. Lord God, faith in you is so comforting and brings so much joy. Thank you!
  • God please bless Michael, Lindsay, and their families with faith, wisdom, and compassion. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • God thank you for the gift of my co-workers who have shown me that it is good to show that I am a Christian. It is more than okay, it is imperative that my faith shows, so that others can come to know you. Please make me into a shining light for you. Give me the words, and your wisdom, and please don't let me cause anyone to stumble.
  • God please be with my family/friends as they go through this time in their lives. Please give them strength and courage and wisdom and faith Lord.
  • God please guide the leaders of the world.
  • God please heal my children.
  • Please heal those that have asked for prayer.

Reading List

  • One Thousand Gifts ~ Ann Voskamp

woman

woman