On this day the Lord has made . . .

As I was driving home from the grocery store I heard a man on the radio ask what we were leaving our children/grandchildren. He mentioned how he would choose, over any amount of money, the writings from his grandfather . . . if he had left any.

So, I have determined to create a diary/journal of what happened to me on this day(s) the Lord has granted me.







Saturday, January 27, 2024

One thousand eight hundred dollars

 My grandson told me to stay in the house. He would handle everything. I decided to honor his wish and stayed in the house. 

Wyatt and his grandfather Terry had made a deal where they would trade vehicles with $1000 extra to Wyatt since his truck was worth more than the Jeep Terry had. When the day came to trade and they were standing in the garage trading keys Terry asked Wyatt for the $1000. Wyatt said that this was not what the agreement was. Terry's 4th wife Kay stepped in and said to not fight about it just let the trade happen and they left. 

Who does that to their own grandchild? The same kind of person who disregarded their own children would be my answer. 

I can't really get into the fray because I have tons of hard feelings toward him and I wouldn't be able to focus on this latest episode. I know, the judgmental people reading this will say, 'But, aren't you a Christian? Shouldn't you have forgiven him and be forgiving yet again?'  The answer to that would be yes. I should have forgiven him and I am supposed to forgive him again. When I tried to pray for him I couldn't come up with any good words. I held to the scripture where we are told that the Holy Spirit prays for us. I tried. I've tried to forgive what he has done to my children. But it makes me sick to be in the same room with him. I'm not perfect - not even close. I am a very very very flawed person. 'Vengence is mine says the Lord' and I hold on to that. Probably tighter than I should. As a matter of fact, I should probably go study that verse. I'm probably misinterpreting it just like the 'don't judge' people misinterpret their go-to verse. 

Anyway, if anyone has any idea on how to handle this situation please feel free to get with me. If you are thinking that Terry was just misunderstanding the deal . . . well, the discussions he had with his children would say otherwise. They all told him what the deal was before it even happened. So he can't squirm out of this one. 

I asked my son if he was going to do anything and he said he didn't know what he could do. He said Wy shouldn't have made the trade. 

After the trade was made and Terry and his wife had left Wyatt and I tried saying that it didn't matter. That was on Terry for being such a bad person. Wy would just enjoy the jeep. Well, we went to get it inspected yesterday and it is $800 for an exhaust manifold. This 18-year-old wasn't expecting something like that. He traded a truck that he had done a tuneup and an oil change on. He had installed a new front window. There wasn't anything that needed to be done to his knowledge. For a jeep that he thought he was getting an extra thousand for and instead ended up with a new bill for almost $800. 

But hey, Terry saved himself $1800. Did he lose his family over his latest escapade? Who knows. Only time will tell.

Wy and I were talking about how cool it is to be driving around in his great-grandmother's Jeep. The Jeep has been through Norma, Robbin, Lindsay, and Terry and now it is being driven by Wyatt. Pretty cool. Maybe the rest of us can rise up and help Wyatt fix the Jeep? Cover for Terry once again? 

When do you stop and say enough is enough? In the grand scheme of things, we should forget this and keep on just like we always have. But how does that help Terry to stop and realize what he is doing to himself? Was cheating your grandson over money really worth it in the long run? 


I found this about the vengeance scripture: https://www.gotquestions.org/vengeance-is-mine.html 

   



No comments:

Prayer List

  • Thank you Father thank you.
  • Lord, extend the kingdom of your Son.
  • O Merciful God, who hast made all men, and hatest nothing that thou hast made, nor desirest the death of a sinner, but rather that he should be converted and live; Have mercy upon all who know thee not as thou are revealed in the Gospel of thy Son. Take from them all ignorance, hardness of heart, and contempt of thy Word; and so fetch them home, blessed Lord to thy fold, that they may be one flock under one shepherd, Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
  • God please take the blinders from my children's heart and eyes. Please give them the gift of faith. Lord God, faith in you is so comforting and brings so much joy. Thank you!
  • God please bless Michael, Lindsay, and their families with faith, wisdom, and compassion. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • God thank you for the gift of my co-workers who have shown me that it is good to show that I am a Christian. It is more than okay, it is imperative that my faith shows, so that others can come to know you. Please make me into a shining light for you. Give me the words, and your wisdom, and please don't let me cause anyone to stumble.
  • God please be with my family/friends as they go through this time in their lives. Please give them strength and courage and wisdom and faith Lord.
  • God please guide the leaders of the world.
  • God please heal my children.
  • Please heal those that have asked for prayer.

Reading List

  • One Thousand Gifts ~ Ann Voskamp

woman

woman