On this day the Lord has made . . .

As I was driving home from the grocery store I heard a man on the radio ask what we were leaving our children/grandchildren. He mentioned how he would choose, over any amount of money, the writings from his grandfather . . . if he had left any.

So, I have determined to create a diary/journal of what happened to me on this day(s) the Lord has granted me.







Saturday, October 8, 2016

a saturday

I've been bad and I haven't been updating this blog at all.

Some of the things that I've been up to include:

I still work at the same company and I still sit in the same desk and do the same work. I'm happier now because I've given up any thought of advancement. I just do my work and I enjoy each and every moment.

Last week was the last meeting of my favorite Bible study group. We met at Aimee and Luke's house in Lee's Summit. There was Doris, Carol, Andrew, Luke and Aimee and myself. We were going through 1 John. Love this book. I learned so very much. Did you know that we can know if we are in Christ?!? So happy.

I still go to the same church. I have considered leaving. I love the people but I feel that I need to find a place that I can go that will get my children started. This church is too far away from them. But with this church I attended a synod in Quincy Illinois as a delegate. I am on the vestry for my church and we meet the second Sunday of each month. I update our Facebook page and I try and video the services and place that on our page so others can see. I called in for tech support for our swivl device and the poor man that I was talking with had never been to church. I told him to watch one of our services online so that he can see what a church service is like.

There are two more children in my family now. Twin girls that are miracles from God. Monoamniotic twins. So I have six beautiful grandchildren now. God is so good.

Arthritis is still a factor in my life but cortisone shots have helped tide me thru. I finally got up the courage to schedule a knee replacement surgery but the surgeon refused until I lost 40 pounds. I still haven't lost any weight and the shots are wearing off very quickly.

Scout gave me a scare and cost me quite a bit of money after she ate a bone. Luckily she pulled through and arthritis is affecting her just about as much as it affects me. We enjoy our time on the couch. Now that the fall weather is here we pull the blankets up and snuggle in.

I'm going to head off of here and go mow some weeds in my backyard. Duke and Scout come in with sticktights. It is high time I get those cut down.

I wish others knew the love of God. I wish I knew how to explain the joy and the security of knowing how this all works out. As I was typing that I knew that bad bad stuff happens here. It is so easy to get lost in that. So much nicer to keep your eyes on Him. He has promised us a place that we can't even imagine. Read 1 John and you'll see how you can know too. Read all of the Bible and listen to speakers that know Christ and get involved in study groups so you hear others talk of what they've experienced and above all - worship Him. There is so much joy in the worship of our Lord.

Love,

Kelly

No comments:

Prayer List

  • Thank you Father thank you.
  • Lord, extend the kingdom of your Son.
  • O Merciful God, who hast made all men, and hatest nothing that thou hast made, nor desirest the death of a sinner, but rather that he should be converted and live; Have mercy upon all who know thee not as thou are revealed in the Gospel of thy Son. Take from them all ignorance, hardness of heart, and contempt of thy Word; and so fetch them home, blessed Lord to thy fold, that they may be one flock under one shepherd, Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
  • God please take the blinders from my children's heart and eyes. Please give them the gift of faith. Lord God, faith in you is so comforting and brings so much joy. Thank you!
  • God please bless Michael, Lindsay, and their families with faith, wisdom, and compassion. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • God thank you for the gift of my co-workers who have shown me that it is good to show that I am a Christian. It is more than okay, it is imperative that my faith shows, so that others can come to know you. Please make me into a shining light for you. Give me the words, and your wisdom, and please don't let me cause anyone to stumble.
  • God please be with my family/friends as they go through this time in their lives. Please give them strength and courage and wisdom and faith Lord.
  • God please guide the leaders of the world.
  • God please heal my children.
  • Please heal those that have asked for prayer.

Reading List

  • One Thousand Gifts ~ Ann Voskamp

woman

woman