On this day the Lord has made . . .

As I was driving home from the grocery store I heard a man on the radio ask what we were leaving our children/grandchildren. He mentioned how he would choose, over any amount of money, the writings from his grandfather . . . if he had left any.

So, I have determined to create a diary/journal of what happened to me on this day(s) the Lord has granted me.







Thursday, November 17, 2016

there is more!!!!

Today I discovered Paul Washers sermons. Finally someone who addresses the fear, or the question, that I've always had.

How do I know that I am on the right track? How do I know that I'm believing correctly.

So many people say you just have to ask Christ into your life and you are saved. You don't have to do another thing your entire life. Or others will say to pray the sinners prayer and you are good to go on living your life the exact same way you always have.

But to me, it just seemed like something was missing. There IS more to walking with Christ than just saying something one time. We have to stay in His word. (We will want to stay in His word.) We have to walk as He walked. (We will want to emulate our Lord. The one we love.) We have to follow His commandments. (Our Father tells us what he expects. He tells us what is right and what is wrong.) We will want to be with people who love God. (One of my favorite things is talking with someone who loves God.)

As I'm writing these I can hear the screams in my mind of the people who will say something about heresy or working for faith. No, I'm talking about 1 John. John outlines how we can know we are in Christ. Paul Washer speaks of this and many other things.

Those people who talk about people and say: "Well, we don't know what their heart is like." Stop and look and see what the Bible says about the heart. The heart is deceitful above all things. The Bible also says that what flows from their mouth is indicative of their heart. Someone who says they have love but then curses children who walk across the border . . . might want to read what Christ says about children. The person that says it is okay to kill an unborn child might want to read what Christ says about children. I could go on but you get the drift.

Even the devil believes and he is more respectful and fearful of Christ than 99% of the 'christians' that I know. We need to do more than believe.

Take a look at 1 John for yourself. It's a small chapter that is full of proof and hope and love. John was addressing the heresy of the Gnostics but he sure has helped me see that I am in Christ.

I do love God. I do love the people of God and others. (The commandment of Love God and love others) I do care about, and am careful, about sin. (1 John 1:9) I do follow the commandments. (1 John 2:3) I need to become a better servant. (1 John 2:6) We are supposed to walk as Christ did. I pray that God helps me because I don't see needs of others unless it slaps me in the face. I do not love the world or care about what other people think. (1 John 2:15) I will share my love for Christ. I will try and share His words and the good news of Christ. I do love learning and reading the Bible. (1 John 1:6) I pray that God keeps me in Him until the day He brings me home. I want to abide in Him. (1 John 2:28)

I didn't write those things to boast. I can't boast because I fail all the time. My mouth shocks me sometimes. I hate my thoughts a majority of the time. I still sin. I still have sins being brought into my mind that I had forgotten about.

I write these things to show you just how easy it is for you to see if YOU are in Christ. Just read 1 John. Answer his questions/statements honestly.

Also, ask Jesus to come into your life. I can still remember standing by my dresser asking Jesus to send people into my life so that I can talk about Jesus and learn about Him. I wanted to hear the name of Jesus. Jesus answered my prayer!!!!!! I asked Him to help me understand the scriptures and to understand what I'm supposed to be doing. He answered my prayers! He sent people to me who wanted to hear about Christ.

God is so good. He loves us.

I am talking about your eternity here. Don't trust what you think you know. Study scripture. Ask God to help you, to guide you, to send His Holy Spirit to you.

Talk with me if you want. I love talking about God. I won't always be right but that is the cool part. We are supposed to help each other - sharpen each other.

And now, little children, abide in him: that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed at His coming. 1 John 2:28




 




No comments:

Prayer List

  • Thank you Father thank you.
  • Lord, extend the kingdom of your Son.
  • O Merciful God, who hast made all men, and hatest nothing that thou hast made, nor desirest the death of a sinner, but rather that he should be converted and live; Have mercy upon all who know thee not as thou are revealed in the Gospel of thy Son. Take from them all ignorance, hardness of heart, and contempt of thy Word; and so fetch them home, blessed Lord to thy fold, that they may be one flock under one shepherd, Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
  • God please take the blinders from my children's heart and eyes. Please give them the gift of faith. Lord God, faith in you is so comforting and brings so much joy. Thank you!
  • God please bless Michael, Lindsay, and their families with faith, wisdom, and compassion. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • God thank you for the gift of my co-workers who have shown me that it is good to show that I am a Christian. It is more than okay, it is imperative that my faith shows, so that others can come to know you. Please make me into a shining light for you. Give me the words, and your wisdom, and please don't let me cause anyone to stumble.
  • God please be with my family/friends as they go through this time in their lives. Please give them strength and courage and wisdom and faith Lord.
  • God please guide the leaders of the world.
  • God please heal my children.
  • Please heal those that have asked for prayer.

Reading List

  • One Thousand Gifts ~ Ann Voskamp

woman

woman